Shigeru Yamashita, Professor, Ph.D. Department of Computer Science, College of Information Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University 1-1-1 Noji Higashi, Kusatsu, Shiga 525-8577, JAPAN Telephone & Fax: +81 77 561 2698 Mail:
For those who are intereted in studying in Japan
If you are intersted in a topic that is somehow related to the following topics, and want to find a place to study in Japan,
Why don’t you write an email to me?
Our campus is near to Kyoto city, which should be the most interesting city in Japan for most foreigner. (Indeed, I live in Kyoto.)
I can provide a good environment to experience Japanese life here with my Japanese students. For example, you can see a Message from an Indian student who was here for total 3.5 months.
You can apply MEXT Scholarship through our university. See this!
I am doing researches on a possibility of new computing paradigm from the various view points; from theoretical aspect to practical aspect. The following are one of my past/current research topics. Basic things to study here is based on algorithm/logic design, and programming.
Biochip Design (mainly, optimization methods, i.e., scheduling, placement & routing)
- Sample Preparation Algorithm
- Pin Minimization Algorithm
Quantum Computation and Communication (Mainly theoretical analysis, constructing new algorithms)
- Quantum Circuit Design and Verification
- Quantum Query Complexity
- Quantum Network Coding
- Quantum Cryptography
- Quantum Sealing
- Quantum Fault -Tolerant Computation
- Approximate Adders for Image Processing
- Approximate Mulitiplier
Higly Dependable LSI
- Efficient duplication methods for logic circuits
- Soft-error tolerant FPGA architecture
- Logic Synthesis for error-tolerant cell library
- Low overhead schme for fault tolerant circuits
Reconfigurable Computing (Mainly practical design issues)
Logic Synthesis (Mainly constructing new algorithms, programming)
- Threshold Logic Circuit Synthesis
- Superconducting Circuit Synthesis
Algorithm, efficient data structure, like BDDs
Awards and Honors
- The 2000 IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Best Paper Award
- The 16th Workshop on Synthesis And System Integration of Mixed Information Technologies Best Paper Award (2010)
- 2010 IPSJ Yamashita SIG Research Award
- IEICE Senior Member
- Marubun Academic Achievement Award of the Marubun Research Promotion Foundation
- Google Schloar Index
- Latest Referred Journal Paper List (in the university databae)
- Latest Referred Conference Paper List (in the university databae)
I do not put the pdf file in the list to avoid a potential copy right problem, etc. However, I can send you it personally. Please email me to ask my papers.
- Researcher Database (Latest information including Awards and Professional Service List)
- Professional Service List (Obsolete: until Jan. 2010)
Longterm Visitors (Researchers or Students)
- Internship student from Columbia University (USA) Jan. 1 to Jan. 14, 2018
- JSPS Bilateral Joint Research Project with Dr. Sudip Roy (Indian Institute of Technology Roorke)
- Ankur Gupta (Nov.25, to Dec.19, 2017)
- Dr. Sudip Roy (Feb. 2018)
- Internship student from BITS Pilani University (India) Dec. 16, 2016 to Jan. 24, 2017
- Prof. Chun-Yao Wang (Taiwan) Jun. 10 to Aug. 8, 2016
- Internship student from IIT Kanpur (India) May. 6, 2016 to May. 30 2016
- Prof. Tsung-Yi Ho (Taiwan) Nov. 20, 2014 to Jan. 22, 2015
- Internship student from IIT Guwahat (India) May. 8, 2012 to Jul. 14, 2012
- Prof. Tsung-Yi Ho (Taiwan) Jan. 20, 2012 to Mar. 9, 2012
- Internship student from IIT Kanpur (India) May. 11, 2015 to Jul. 21, 2015
- A trainee from Mexico May 6, 2010 to Oct. 29, 2010
- Dr. Byung-Soo Choi (Korea) Jul. 27, 2010 to Sep. 1, 2010
I had many short-term visitors, and you are very welcome to come to here. Please contact me.
Shigeru Yamashita received his B. E., M. E. and Ph.D. degrees in information science from Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan, in 1993, 1995 and 2001, respectively. In 1995, he joined NTT Communication Science Laboratories, where he engaged in research of computer aided design of digital systems and new type of computer architectures. During 2000 to 2003, he was also a researcher at Quantum Computation and Information, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Corporation. During 2003 to 2009, he was an associate professor of Graduate School of Information Science, Nara Institute of Science and Technology. He was a visiting researcher at Univ. Victoria, and Portland State Univ. in 2006.
He received the 2000 IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems Best Paper Award, SASIMI 2010 Best Paper Award, 2010 IPSJ Yamashita SIG Research Award, and 2010 Marubun Academic Achievement Award of the Marubun Research Promotion Foundation. He is a senior member of IEEE and IEICE, and a member of ACM and IPSJ.